How To Join
There are no fees, no forms to fill out, and no formalities. Just show up on Saturday morning at 7:00 a.m., make sure to bring a water bottle or hydration belt (we place water along the course for refills), and let one of us know that you are new to the Pacers. Then, we’ll get you connected with the training group that best suits your needs.
We don’t have pace groups, so you can run with your most natural stride. You’ll have people who fall in next to you, running at your comfortable pace. You will like those people! The ONE big thing that we ask for is that you bring hydration…either a water bottle or some other sort of hydration system. We are a GREEN club so we do not provide cups at our water stops along the routes.
After you have been running with the Pacers, buy a red Pacers shirt (sold at Run With Us, 235 North Lake Avenue, Pasadena) and sign up occasionally to be a water and/or post-run replenishments volunteer. We are able to remain a FREE running club due to the generosity of our members. Volunteering is a key component of being part of the Pasadena Pacers. That’s all there is to it! Stay updated on events through this website or become an active part of the online Pasadena Pacers community through our Facebook page.
Come on down, we’d love to have you!
All Levels Welcome
- Pre-Conditioners - New to running or just coming back, we’ll get you to 5 miles
- 10-Mile Challenge - Taking you to the next level of your training
- Half Marathon Training - Will get you through the finish line of a 13.1-mile race
- 20-Mile Challenge - Getting you faster for your next long distance race
- Marathon Training - Cross the marathon finish line with a smile
- Trail Running - Run on softer surfaces in the forest
- Walkers - Prefer to walk or dealing with an injury
Slightly south of the Rose Bowl Aquatics Center (360 N. Arroyo Boulevard) next to the picnic tables (about 1/4 mile south of the Rose Bowl). Park in Lot I but avoid any parking spaces marked “RBAC”. Look for the red shirts congregating in the grassy area.
If you don’t live in Pasadena, don’t worry, you’re still welcome! We have many members from surrounding communities in the San Gabriel Valley and Los Angeles County including:
- South Pasadena
- San Gabriel
- La Crescenta
- La Canada Flintridge
- San Marino
- Sierra Madre
- and many more!